Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Primary Question

"He created man in his image, in the divine image he created him" (Genesis 1:27). "I will maintain my covenant with you and your descendants after you throughout the ages as an everlasting pact, to be your God" (Genesis 17:7). "For it was the Lord, our God, who brought us out of a state of slavery" (Joshua 24:17). "The one who fashioned the hearts of them all knows all their works" (Psalm 33:15). "My wanderings you have noted; are my tears not stored in your vial, recorded in your book?" (Psalm 56:9). "Study the generations long past and understand; has anyone hoped in the Lord and been disappointed?" (Sirach 2:10). "As a shepherd tends the flock when he finds himself among scattered sheep, so will I tend my sheep and rescue them from every place where they were scattered when it was cloudy and dark" (Ezekiel 34:12). "Yet it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings that he endured" (Isaiah 53:4). "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be" (John 14:3). "But God proves his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

And still he is jealous for us.

And still he utterly desires our hearts.

And still he yearns for our affection.

And still he weeps for love of us.

So what is our response?

No comments:

Post a Comment