Saturday, November 20, 2010

Will YOU Help Us?



For the past 7 years, my youth group has partnered with a group called the Youth Empowerment Program (YEP) to throw a Christmas party for 50 homeless teenagers in Columbus. YEP is a group in Columbus that provides direct services to homeless youth, trains them to become leaders in their community, and teaches them to advocate for themselves by setting up meetings with them and government officials. This year, we need your help to keep the Youth Empowerment Program from having to discontinue these services and programs due to funding cuts. Will you help us raise $20,000 by donating to this cause?

Please watch this video to see pictures and videos of homeless teenagers in Columbus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnv7MZBBS8

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to make a donation to YEP! Thank you for telling us about this wonderful organization! I watched the video and it brought tears to my eyes. One thing I love about YEP is that they have a place where homeless youth can stop by to shower, have a meal and do laundry. That is so important if you are homeless! I hope that many people donate because of your post. God bless you and Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete